Vitiligo can undoubtedly affect almost any body part without any distinction. But mostly, pigmentation starts occurring in regions that are predominantly more exposed to sun rays. Typically, the signs of Vitiligo start appearing between the ages of 20-30.
The most common symptoms of Vitiligo typically include the following:
- A small white skin patch that later grows into larger decolored patches
- Premature greying of hairs
- The hairs present on patches become white over time
- Intolerance to cold
- The patient may suffer from depression or mood swings
A few other serious complications associated with Vitiligo usually include
- Painful sunburn
- Skin itching
- Hearing loss
- Visual changes and tear production
- Premature hair greying, and many more.